- Traveling on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday helps you save more since most people tend to book weekend departures. Even if you’re advance booking, flying mid-week can save you hundreds of dollars per ticket.
- When traveling, pack your earrings in a pill case to keep them from getting lost.
- Minimize wrinkles by rolling, not folding, three to four pieces together, with knits on the inside; for even better results, wrap the bundle in a dry-cleaning bag. And tie a ribbon on your luggage (not solid red — that’s what everyone uses), so it’s easier to spot at the airport.
- Always leave a clean house
- Download must have apps before leaving the house
- Pack all valuables and essentials in your carry on
- Take along an empty water bottle to refill after getting through security
- Pack liquids in an airtight bag away from any clothing items
- Places shoes in plastic bags or shoe bags to protect and minimize odors
- If shopping is on the agenda, pack an empty bag in case you need to check it on the trip home
- Bring a lightweight scarf and sweater even if it is warm weather: planes, airports and some shops and restaurants get chilly sometimes.
Also, If you’re about to start a trip of more than 5 hours, either in east or west direction, avoid getting jet lag by following some more Home Hotel travel tips: http://homebuenosairesblog.com/2010/08/18/tips-from-home-hotel-to-avoid-jet-lag/
Remember : non-liquid toiletries, spare shoes, prescription medicines, an extra pair of eye glasses, contact lenses or sunglasses, and your camera you’ll carry with you on the plane in your carry-on bag.
And don’t forget to take enough clothing in your carry-on to get you through at least a day. Sometimes your luggage makes it to a different destination than you do.
What are your travel tips?