What to do after Christmas dinner, the main Argentine celebration? How to spend New Year’s eve?
Enjoying drinks and dancing until the wee hours are required precepts. There are lots of options and here’s our pick:
- Hype: Every Tuesday, Kika Club has international Djs set showcasing the latest in indie music, hip hop, dubstep and electro. Although they have not yet confirmed guests for the 24th, hosts Matt Ashley, Nacho Menendez and Fabricio Ruiz will warm up the track, promising a different Christmas Eve. Free Admission before 1 am at Honduras 5339. A similar party will be held on December 31st. More info at www.facebook.com/hypeba .
- Magic: This Christmas, Niceto Club will welcome guests with one of the most recognized DJs on the national scene: Javier Bussola, who will perform a six hour set, non stop. Niceto Vega 5510 . More info at atwww.facebook.com/magicBA.
- La Loka: With variety of fun drinks, this bar located in the heart of Palermo offers a Christmas Eve party on the terrace to enjoy a lovely summer night. Nicaragua 5549. A similar party will be held on December 31st. More info at www.facebook.com/LokaOficial.
NEW YEAR –
- Groove: 2014 New Years Eve will be hosted by Simon Patterson, Irish DJ that rocks Irish clubs of London , along with one of the best producers and dj trance, John Askew . Both local talent accompanied by Javier Bussola. Santa Fe Av 4389 . More info at www.facebook.com/BuenosAiresTrance
- Piso Compartido: A special party for all expats of Buenos Aires. This special edition will vibrate with an international flavor. Niceto Vega 5510 . More info at www.facebook.com/fiestapisocompartido.
- Pony Line: For those looking to start the year in a cool and stylish atmosphere, then the bar of the Four Seasons Buenos Aires Hotel is the place to be. Famous for its great cocktails and great food and music. Posadas 1086. More info at www.facebook.com/PonyLine .