- Argentine Spanish spoken in and around Buenos Aires is distinctly different from that spoken elsewhere in Latin America. Aside from a heavy accent, the language is peppered with lunfardo, a local slang derived from the era of tango.
- Natives of Buenos Aires are known as porteños (‘people from the port’), which is a reference to the city population’s immigrant roots.
- Buenos Aires has more theatres and psychiatrists per capita than any other city in the world.
- Buenos Aires has the second largest Jewish population in the Americas after New York and the largest mosque in Latin America.
- In Buenos Aires (and Argentina in general) the standard greeting is one kiss on the right cheek.
- Every year we celebrate National Friends’ Day on 20th July. It is a special day devoted to hang out with friends.
- St Patrick’s Day is huge in Buenos Aires. Marathon pub crawls are organised every 17 March.
- In 2003, Buenos Aires became the first city in Latin America to declare civil union rights for gay and lesbian couples.
- It has only snowed twice in Buenos Aires (june 1918 and july 2007).
- Below the city lies a set of underground tunnels, and behind the Casa Rosada are the little known 18th century catacombs of Fuerte Viejo. No one knows exactly when and why they were constructed.
- @quiz_viajero Gracias a vos y a toda la comunidad quizviajera, la verdad una gran experiencia que como decis surgio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- @quiz_viajero @FlorrArroyo Felicitaciones @FlorrArroyo! Te contactamos a la brevedad para coordinar tu premio! Gr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- habemus ganadorum! El super sorteo de @quiz_viajero ya tiene ganadora! Felicitaciones @FlorrArroyo !!!! twitter.com/FlorrArroyo/st… 6 hours ago
- @lunadelmarok @quiz_viajero 100% cierto! 1 day ago
- Hoy está para esto! #hoynosalgo #netflix #pelienlacama #homehotel https://t.co/1K7m5lEiiV 1 day ago
Be our fan